Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
Affiliate Product Reviews - An Ultimate Selling Tactic
If you truly want to generate sales, one great way to do so is to create separate web pages for each of your affiliate products and include reviews of each product. Pictures, of course, speak a thousand words, and a picture of each product is very important to closing the sale.
Affiliate Marketing is a Brilliant Way to Begin On-line Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is a brilliant way to begin earning on the Internet, for those of us who haven't as yet got our own products.
To make money in life, in business, you need to market something, a book, a car, a computer, yourself or whatever.
Self-Replication, The All Important Third Step in Affiliate Marketing
'Self-replication' sounds like science fiction but it's not. It has nothing to do with cloning, in a biological sense.
Why You Dont Succeed As An Affiliate ?
Affiliate Program have exploded on the internet. Thousand of people join them every day.
Choosing An Affiliate Marketing Program
If you are new to affiliate marketing, you are probably overwhelmed with the number of programs available out there for you to join and promote. This article will provide a guideline to help you choose the right affiliate program for yourself.
Six Power Tips on Resell Rights
If you are planning to take the path of the reseller in your Internet Business undertakings, you will do well to use these power tips I have laid out for you. I hope you will find them useful as they have been for me.
How To Super Charge Your Affiliates
In my article "Affiliate Marketing What Is It And Why Use It?", I stated that only 5% of your affiliates will do 95% of the sales. If you don't follow this guide, you might not even get that.
7 Ways To Increase Your Affiliate Commissions
Suppose you could launch an online business in the next ten
minutes? Suppose that this business did not require your
own website, dealing with customers, refunds, product
development or maintenance? This is the ideal world of
affiliate marketing.Made popular on the internet by Amazon.
Promoting My Affiliate Programs--How?
Getting your website up, is really just the first phase of your journey to a career on the Internet. You must promote your website, your product or your service to the world.
8 Ways To Promote Your Affiliate Products
Many affiliates fail in affiliate marketing because they limit their marketing strategies to placing referral links in their web sites, distributing links to business sites through multiple emails or posting their links to other web pages. Doing any of these alone would not guarantee sales and thus, your commission.
Affiliate Marketing - Join in on the Success of the 2nd Wave
What do I mean by '2nd Wave'? Let me explain:Can you remember the good old days when affiliate programs
first came into existence in the mid to late 1990's?
Everybody jumped in with two feet and put up dozens of
affiliate links on their site with no real thought to what
they were doing. We then wondered why we didn't make any
money - not any real money that is.
Tips For Marketing Your Affiliate Business
Not all Home Business Entrepreneurs are experienced enough to produce their own product, so most of us 'would-be-entrepreneurs' become affiliates, marketing someone else's products and opportunities. That is nothing to be ashamed of.
A Few Words on Affiliate Team Building
It might have been Vince Lombardi or some other famous coach who said, "There is no I in team." ( I was too lazy to look up the source of the quote;) I think that this is as true in business as it is in sports.
How to Succeed With Any Affiliate Program
In the early days before the internet was born, starting a business was like taking a giant leap into the unknown. Aside from the involved time and money, it also causes lots of worry.
Affiliate Marketing Or Market Your Own Products?
How should you organize your online business?Affiliate marketing seems to make sense, its easy and low cost
to start, and you can be up and running within a few days - but
the struggle is how to get traffic and make my offer different
than all the others?On the other hand, creating your own product is what you may
really want to do, if not for being so unsure about what topic
to write about and finding the time in your busy life to get
started?Let me share two important true facts with you about choosing
between affiliate marketing and producing/marketing your own products.Tip 1: 99% of Successful Online Entrepreneurs Do BothTip 2: Most Successful Online Entrepreneurs Lead With Their OwnProduct To Build Affiliate BusinessHere's why.
The Google Adsense-Adwords Automatic Money Machine
Have you ever tried to make money through affiliate programs using Google Adwords?
Then you know it's not easy. Some say that only 2-3 out of 10 affiliate Adwords campaigns will actually make a profit.
3 Ways to Squeeze Even More Revenue Out of Your Traffic Equaliser Pages
Ever wondered if, apart from Google Adsense, there were other ways of generating real revenues from Traffic Equaliser pages.There has been some great results using the above two programs, running Google Adsense results on page as a fast way to driverevenues on a huge number of boiler plate pages.
Launching Your Affiliate Program Correctly
To any Internet Marketer these days an affiliate program is absolutely essential marketing method of achieving a decent e-growth. Allowing others to promote your products or services can be the most efficient way of selling your products as you only pay for successful results, whether these are leads, sales Or traffic.
Will the Online Quiz Make the Old Fashioned Printed Quiz Obsolete?
Q. Can you tell me the benefits of publishing an online quiz versus a printed one?A.
Affiliate Business : Ten Checklists for Your Success
While it can be quite easy to start an online business, not all people make a success. How then successful business man/woman could make it? Every successful business has its own story, however, there are some common factors that make a business hard to fell down.